Where do I go for advisement?:
- Pre-majors and majors: College of Arts and Sciences Advising office (CASA). This office is located in Sid Richardson, Suite 229, (254-710-1524). Check BearWeb.
- Senior majors must be advised if they are on Academic Probation of if they still qualify as pre-majors
- All neuroscience majors and pre-majors: The neuroscience departmental advisors are Dr. Brad Keele and Dr. Ben Schwartz. Please click their link to schedule an appointment.
- All psychology majors and pre-majors: The psychology departmental advisors are Dr. Tamara Lawrence and Dr. Meredith Palm. Please click their link to schedule an appointment.
- Pre-health students who are majoring in Neuroscience or Psychology should pursue additional advisement from the Pre-health advising office located in the Baylor University Science Bldg., Room B.111, (254-710-3659).
Procedures for admittance into a closed class:
The student must register for the course in BearWeb and the system will automatically put them on the electronic waitlist. Once the student is on the list, the system will notify the student by Baylor email if a spot is open for the course. The student has exactly 24 hours from the time the email is sent in which to register for the course. If the student does not register for the course in the exact 24 hour time frame, their name will be dropped from the electronic waitlist and the next person on the list will be notified through their Baylor email. It is important for the student to consistently check their Baylor email daily to see if they have been notified of an opening in a course that they are waitlisted. If they have been notified and missed the 24 hour window, the student must get back on the waitlist by registering for the course again.
Many PSY & NSC courses are "cross-listed" meaning there are BOTH psychology majors and neuroscience majors are in the same class. Psychology majors must enroll in "PSY" headed courses, while neuroscience majors must enroll in "NSC" headed courses. Your degree audit will not accept courses that do not correspond with your chosen major. Also, LAB COURSES must have Course Headings that match, i.e, PSY 3320 (Learning and Behavior Lecture Course) requires a PSY 3120 LAB section not a NSC 3120 LAB section or vice versa.
Undergraduates are encouraged to explore their research interests. One of the best ways to find a lab group or project is to first review the faculty research interests and then make an appointment to visit with a professor working in an area that interests you.